Hey guys, Today I would show you how to secure your data, there by making it last for you for long.
We all know that android devices is a compound device that use lots of MB, so to protect your data, you need to apply some protocols else your data would wipe out in a twinkle of an eye.
The local way we do save out data was by turning off background applications, which worked well but seems not 100% efficient for some device.
Right now let's discuss about Grid Data Manager.
This application was designed like a VPN to help you secure your data from external files using your data.
This Application gives access to the only app you enable.
Which means if you enable only Whatsapp, your data plan would carry only your whatsapp along unlike a java device where you operate one app at a time and it consumes less data.
This Grid Application Manager was first introduced on
12Th of October 2016 and it had an option to work hand in glove with Mtn Telecom and Glo who recently launched "Borrow data" and "Xtra byte" so as to enable users save there data.
The MTN’s “xtra-byte” and the Glo’s “Borrow-me-data” was first on the Grid Data Manager’s platform as Borrow-me-Data. After the development of Grid Data Manager, the co-founders of Grid Data Manager, Omale Emmanuel, Ajibola Ahmed, Ifeanyi Victor, Nelson Onyenobi and Hassan Olawale tried partnering with the telecoms in Nigeria to establish the borrow-me-data feature but they didn’t reach an agreement with them as the telecoms fear that the core features of Grid Data Manager (data control, app-by-app set data limit and data statistics) will affect the sales of there mobile data as the aim of Grid Data Manger is to give users control over their mobile data, do more with their mobile data, prioritize their applications and ultimately save money on the monthly purchase of mobile data.
Now the Grid Team has taken it to them selves to help secure our data plan in the latest Version without the Borrow me features.
You can download the app HERE
• Description of Grid Data Manger
Grid Data Manager is a mobile data management engine that puts you in control of the applications that access your mobile data by letting you determine what app should consume your mobile data, preventing unwanted background processes and ultimately helping you save money. With Grid Data Manager, you can do more with your mobile data as it allows you do app-by-app data assignment. You have control over all your applications independently(both system and installed application).
* App-by-App data assignment: You should no longer be a victim of the unforeseen overnight upgrades and updates of some certain apps as Grid Data Manager allows you to independently set limit for every application you give access to your mobile data.
* Determine what consumes your Mobile data: You should not allow any app access your mobile data without permission. Grid Data Manager saves you mobile data by giving you absolute control over all applications(installed/system) in accessing your mobile data. Only the needed apps will be allowed to access your mobile data.
* Cut-out unwanted background processes: Grid Data Manager certainly saves you more MB as it automatically cuts out background processes making sure you don’t use more than you have planned.
* Download Monitoring system: You know the size of the download, why don't you allow Grid monitor it? Grid Data Manager allows you to set limit for every download and when download is complete, Grid blocks every other sneaky unauthorized downloads from accessing your mobile data.
*Data Statistics: You deserve to know how your mobile data is used as Grid constantly gives you a report of the amount of data consumed by every app allowed to access your mobile data. It also shows you the app that consume your data the most.
According to there developers,
Its developers said;
“Before we developed the application, we carried out a market research on how mobile data is managed on android and apple devices generally and we discovered that a large percentage of Nigerians manage their mobile data by putting off their mobile data when not in use. Over the years, this has proven to be ineffective but with Grid Data Manager, users don’t need to put off their mobile data, just control the applications that access your mobile data by activating and deactivating them. We know that in the android settings, users can set data limit for mobile data but in Grid Data Manager, users can set data limit for the apps allowed to access the mobile data individually. With this, limit is set for applications individually giving flexibility to internet usage.
Considering the recent increase in mobile data tariff proposed by NCC, it is recommended that Nigerians download this app (Grid Data Manager).”
I tested the app and noticed that it is very powerful.
So what are you waiting for to secure your data??
Give your feedback on how the app worked for you.
Kindly share this post to people. Thank you